San Diego Disorderly Conduct Attorney
If you have been arrested for disorderly conduct, contact an experienced San Diego attorney at (619) 235-5638 for an evaluation of your case. The sooner you call the better your chances of protecting your freedom and future.
Disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor and encompasses a wide variety of criminal activity, including:
- Participating in lewd conduct in a public place or a place that can be viewed by the public.
- Accosting another person in a public place while panhandling.
- Staying in a building, vehicle, or any place without the permission of the owner or the person in charge of the property.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs in public and not being able to care for yourself or others around you or interfering with other people’s use of streets and sidewalks.
- Loitering, prowling or wandering on private property without any lawful business with the owner or occupant.
Much of the activity that falls within the crime of disorderly conduct is simply activity that is considered annoying, loud, obtrusive, or offensive to others in the community.
Disorderly conduct is punishable by up to a year in jail but often the sentences are shorter or jail time is replaced by probation, drug or alcohol treatment, or other alternative programs. Despite the relatively minor appearance of disorderly conduct charges, they can affect job applications, future school plans, or other areas of your life. Having an attorney to walk you through a disorderly conduct charge today can help you avoid problems in the future.