SERIES: Shaking the Foundation of a DUI Prosecution- Part 1
The amount of DUI arrests in San Diego exceeded 10,000 in 2013. Because these arrests are routine for San Diego law enforcement, they have employed a system to ensure that the arrest leads to a San Diego DUI conviction. However, over time, this routine has proven to be ridden with flaws. The procedures of your San Diego DUI arrest, breathalyzer test, blood test, field sobriety tests and all other elements that occur on the night of your arrest must not violate your constitutional rights. However, often times these violations occur.
Our society relies heavily on the advancement of technology to provide us with more accurate results in testing our BAC’s (blood alcohol content), upon arrest for a San Diego DUI. However, it is important to note that the increased reliance on technology for DUIs ignores the fact that if the machines are used improperly, your San Diego DUI arrest may be based completely on a technological hiccup. This hiccup in technology may directly lead to an improper conviction, unless sufficiently contested by your attorney.
What type of errors may occur in testing your BAC?
- Blood Tests Contamination
- Breathe test contamination
- Improper and Unreasonable Field Sobriety Test (FST)
- San Diego Law Enforcement Errors in DUI Arrest that may lead to a dismissal
- San Diego Law Enforcement Destruction of Evidence
While many San Diego criminal defense attorneys have a routine defense to their client’s San Diego DUI charges, they often ignore the most recent case law and research that is released regularly. It is important that when selecting your San Diego criminal defense attorney, you ensure they are aware of the newest and most innovative defenses available to you.
Attorney Stephen G. Cline has been a practicing San Diego criminal defense attorney for 20 years. His reputation and experience will be the key to the aggressive defense of your San Diego DUI arrest. Call today at (619) 235-5638 to review your specific case!
Latest posts by Stephen G. Cline (see all)
- Case dismissed against unauthorized immigrant accused of felony DUI, hit and run - March 23, 2018
- Police seek help from the public to solve Chollas View homicide - March 22, 2018
- County shelters offering half-price pets - March 20, 2018