A San Diego jury has found that Petco was not negligent when it sold a pet rat to a 10-year-old boy who later became sick and died after handling the animal.
Aidan Pankey died of an ailment known as rat bite fever, the result of a bacterial infection he contracted from a rat.
A San Diego Superior…
from Latest – San Diego Union Tribune http://ift.tt/2pHzUqi
Latest posts by Stephen G. Cline (see all)
- San Diego board on police and community relations holds first meeting - April 25, 2017
- Petco not liable in fatal ‘rat bite fever’ case, jury says - April 20, 2017
- Jury considers ‘rat bite fever’ case; boy, 10, died of infection from pet - April 18, 2017